What We Do
Your questions and concerns are important to us. The Office of the Dean of Students can help point you in the right direction regarding a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Academic regulations and related university policies
- Academic deficiency and reinstatement
- Withdrawal or cancellation of enrollment
- Petitions for exceptions to the academic calendar deadlines and withdrawal limits
- Communicating with instructors regarding class attendance and absences and making arrangements for missed work
- Tutoring, writing support and other academic assistance
Money and Finances
- Student Emergency Funds are available for students experiencing financial emergencies related to housing, food, health care, and materials required for classes in the current online instruction environment (This is not an exhaustive list.) These Emergency Funds are available thanks to donations from donors.
- Emergency financial resources through the Office of the Dean of Students and emergency short-term loans through Student Financial Aid
- Temporary housing options, amenities, storage options and financial services for those experiencing housing insecurity
- Food and clothing insecurity options including Cougs Feeding Cougs, and food and clothing pantries on campus.
- Helping students navigate the Community Standards process and working with the Center for Community Standards.
- Responding to students of concern through reports made through the AWARE Network
- Helping educate students about WSU's emergency and non-emergency safety resources regarding sexual harassment and violence prevention
- Safe transit on and off campus, including the Holiday Break Bus, offering convenient transportation to southern Idaho and Portland, Oregon, over holiday breaks.
We're Here For You
We are your partners in navigating your WSU experience. This might include working though a complex process, answering questions, or getting you connected to a much needed resource. We are available when you need us:
Call and Talk With Staff
Drop-in Office Hours
French Administration Building, Room 122
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Make an Appointment
Submit an online appointment request. Appointments can take up to 2 days to confirm. If you need immediate assistance, please give us a call instead.