WSU Community Standards Boards
Represent our Coug values: Apply to serve on a WSU Community Standards board!
The community standards process is designed to support students, uphold student rights and responsibilities, and hold students accountable for behaviors that conflict with community standards.
The Dean of Students is seeking students, faculty, and staff from all campuses to serve as members of one of three Community Standards boards. Members will be called upon periodically to hear reported incidents that may be in violation of our community standards. No prior experience in legal matters or student conduct is required.
Three opportunities to serve:
- Conduct Board- Incidents involving potential violations that could result in suspension or expulsion.
- Appeals Board - Anytime a party disagrees with the Conduct Officer or Conduct Board’s decision and wishes to appeal.
- Academic Integrity Hearing Board - Incidents related to violations of the academic integrity policy such as allegations of cheating, plagiarism, fraud, etc.
What board members should anticipate:
- Completing online and in-person training sessions*
- Committing to approximately 5-15 hours per semester (Scheduling is flexible)
- Maintaining at least a 2.5 GPA and full-time status
*System campuses outside of Pullman will be able to participate via live-stream (AMS).
If you would like to become a more active member of our community, advance your own leadership skills and work alongside fellow students and campus leaders, consider applying today!