Financial Insecurity Resources
Financial insecurity should not be a barrier to college success for Washington State University students. Resources are available across campus to help those experiencing difficulty with housing and other living costs.
Emergency Financial Resources
- Student Emergency Funding is available for students experiencing financial emergencies related to housing, food, health care, and materials required for classes in the current online instruction environment. (This is not an exhaustive list.) These Emergency Funds are available thanks to generous donations from donors.
- Dean of Students Financial Support
The Office of the Dean of Students has financial resources to support students who need temporary assistance to complete their degree.
- Residence Hall Hotel Space
Temporary housing is available in WSU residence halls. Contact Housing & Residence Life at 509-335-4577.
- Residence Hall Storage Space
Several options exist that allow students to store their belongings in Pullman. Contact Housing & Residence Life at 509-335-4577.
- Housing & Dining Financial Services
Students experiencing financial difficulty, including those facing eviction, can discuss options by contacting Housing & Dining Financial Services at 509-335-8625.
- On-Campus Showering Facilities
Locker rooms and showering facilities in the University Recreation Student Recreation Center and Chinook Student Center are open to all undergraduate students during regular business hours. Graduate students can access these facilities with a membership.
- Cougs Feeding Cougs
This program provides currently enrolled WSU Pullman students funds that can be used anonymously in WSU Dining Services locations.
- The Food Pantry Go-Bag Intake Form is the primary method for requesting food pantry services offered for WSU students. The Office of the Dean of Students, the Women's Resource Center, and the Office for Access & Opportunity are partnering to provide a central location on the Pullman campus for support. Donations are welcome to the WSU Pullman Food pantry, and can be directed to the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Gender Fluid Fashion Closet - GIESORC - Compton Union Building Room 401
- TRIO Student Support Services Professional Clothing Bank - Lighty Building Room 260X
- SNAP benefits with Dining Centers & Markets
Resource Fairs and Events
- ASWSU Housing Fair
Presented by Cougar Choice Housing, this event is held each spring semester to showcase off-campus housing options.
- Financial Literacy Week - April
- Poverty Awareness Week - November