Housing and Dining Quick Links
Housing Services - Providing living options for all students, manages billing for housing and dining, supervision of cleaning and maintenance staff for on campus housing
Dining Services - Management of on campus dining options
Residence Life - Support and assistance for students living in the residence halls
Housing and Dining Resource Guide
For students with specific disabilities or health conditions, housing accommodations may be necessary in order to provide full and integrated access to on-campus living. Examples of housing accommodations may include: ADA compliant rooms, single occupancy rooms, shared/private baths, room modifications or low allergen environments. Housing accommodations must be reasonable and related to the student's health condition and address their functional limitations. The Access Center, Residence Life and Housing work closely together to ensure a positive living environment for students with disabilities who live in the residence halls.
Washington State University Dining Services is a team of experienced culinary and hospitality professionals dedicated to supporting academic development and success by providing world class food and service. WSU offers a variety of food and drink options around campus including:
- Dining Centers - The Northside, Hillside and Southside Cafes are conveniently located around campus. Each cafe offers a retail a la carte dining program for students, faculty and staff. All dining centers accept the Resident Meal Plan and CougarCASH. Hillside Cafe also accepts cash payments.
- Markets - offering a wide variety of snack and beverage items, school supplies and toiletries. Several locations available around campus.
- Espresso Bars - offering Fair Trade Coffee and Espresso, made-to-order salads and sandwiches and pastries baked with local ingredients from the WSU Crimson Bakeshop. Several locations throughout campus including the residence halls, administrative buildings and classroom buildings.
- Campus Vending - Vending machines are located across campus and feature health options. Many of the vending machines accept CougarCASH.
- Compton Union Building - The CUB has several dining options available in the first floor food court, the ground floor and in the Bookie (Campus Bookstore).
The Washington Administrative Code (WAC 504-24-030) requires all single undergraduate freshmen under 20 years of age to live in organized living groups which are officially recognized by the university (residence halls, fraternity and sorority housing) for one academic year.
Housing Services in collaboration with Residence Life and Dining Services seek to make a student's campus living experience safe and memorable.
- Assisting students in finding housing in the residence halls or university-owned apartments
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of the residence halls and apartments
- Management of billing for housing and dining
- Oversight for conference housing
Residence Life provides support and assistance for students living in the residence halls.
- First-Year Focus Program - providing an opportunity for first year students to enroll in classes with other students in their hall
- Special interest communities for students interested in international contacts, global learning, academic scholarship, or math, science and engineering
- Opportunities for student involvement through hall government
- Help students make connections with others within a safe and supportive environment
- Provide educational programs to help students improve their interpersonal communication, life skills, intercultural awareness and personal growth within in our communities
- Full time and paraprofessional staff available 24 hours a day to help promote an educational environment, university resources outreach, facility management and student and community development in the residence halls
Fraternities and Sororities wishing to house freshmen must go through the University Approved Housing process. Chapters must meet specific requirements including health and fire inspections, property and liability insurance and other safety and security requirements.