Welcome! We're glad you're here.
Student artists celebrate the opening of the Dean of Students Gallery.
What Does the Dean of Students Do?
We're here to help students flourish at Washington State University.
When your life as a Coug gets complicated, we can work with you to figure it out.
Maybe it’s a bureaucratic tangle? A financial catastrophe? A sudden illness or family situation? Maybe you’re just in a complicated mess and you’re not sure where to start to get back on track?
We’re also here to help faculty help students.
If one of your students is in distress, or is causing distress to others, we may be able to help.
The Office of the Dean of Students connects students with the services, opportunities, and resources they need to flourish at WSU. In everything we do, we promote students' self-determination: their ability to make meaningful, satisfying, and authentic choices for their own success.
We advocate for students with
- services and resources that support student success,
- initiatives that increase meaningful engagement with our communities and our world, and
- support in times of challenge, crisis, or emergency.
We support student development by promoting students’
- engaged, authentic decision-making (autonomy)
- valuing and being valued by others (connectedness)
- increasing mastery of important challenges (competence)
Come by and see us!